Last week I finished up my last podcast for the month of May. I completed my first year podcasting and it was a big success. Thanks for all your help and support. I recorded 56 episodes this past year and by the end I was finally getting the hang of it. I thought it would be helpful to share with you some of the big takeaways I learned after podcasting for one year.
- The Magic of Doing. The more you do, the better you get but you have to start first.
- Don’t quit. Even when it looks grim you have to stick with it because positive results only happen when you stay at it. Persistence is such an underrated value nowadays.
- People Will Surprise You. In an amazing way, so many people are willing to help and share their story, their secrets and help other people.
- Sound quality and excellent editing are the key ingredients of a successful podcast.
- When doing interviews it’s best to listen to your guests and ask questions based on the conversation rather than reading prepared questions.
- There is no one way to be successful. Many paths to success.
- What do top Real Estate Agents have in common? What can we learn from them? Top Agents develop early on a competitive advantage and set themselves apart from the competition based on their previous work experience and/or life experience.
- What kind of Agent are you? Hustle Agent? Sphere Agent? Internet Agent? Farming Agent?
- What is the best way for individual Realtors to increase their annual gross commissions? Figure out a way to increase their average sales price.
- Buy vs. Rent on the web? Do you own your presence on the web? Or are you renting through Facebook? LinkedIn? Twitter? Buying Leads from a 3rd party? Advertising on other websites?
- Are you building your own email list of potential customers? Do you own your community?
- Proper Training and Mentoring for New Agents is the biggest value a Managing Broker and Trainer can provide to new Agents.
- I created a Top 20 List Guaranteed for Success for new Realtors. Click for Podcast.
- My Passion is what I do. I am not searching for it. Look within, not without.
- Podcasting is a great way to build your brand—a great low cost marketing tool.
- Give me feedback on my podcast here: The Honest Real Estate Agent Podcast Survey.
I enjoy podcasting. My first year has been a huge success. I have connected with many amazing people who have been guests on my show. I have received a lot of great feedback from the listeners and I have created many new relationships with listeners who have emailed me.
Thanks for all your support. I appreciate it. Make sure to spread the word to other people in the real estate industry about my podcast—post a rating and review on iTunes as well. I feel it’s the best podcast out there for new and aspiring Realtors. “Yeah, well, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” (Movie?)