Looking for a new and fresh Speaker for your upcoming Realtor event?
You’ve come to the right place. Mario Jannatpour is available to come speak at your Realtor event.
Find Your Passion in What You Do
The Competitive Advantage Real Estate Agent
How to Build Relationships with Consumers Online
We Become What We Think About
Mario is the author of the top selling book: “The Honest Real Estate Agent.” He is the host of the popular podcast of the same name which is available on iTunes and Stitcher.
Request Speaking Availability
Want Mario to Speak at Your Next Event?
Tell us a little bit about your speaking engagement. We’ll be in touch and look forward to working with you.
Why do so many New Real Estate Agents fail and quit the business? 75% of new Realtors don’t make it past their first year. A pretty daunting statistic for new Realtors. Here’s a quick list of why I feel so many new Agents fail:
- Poor training and mentoring—New Realtors need training on running a small business basically. Major areas include—Real Estate issues such as Contracts and the process—Sales Training—Marketing—Time Management—Finances—Product Knowledge.
- Call Reluctance—the fear of trying and waiting for everything to be perfect before doing something.
- Not committed to being a Realtor as a full-time career. I remember when I started out. I was 41 years old, married one year with a baby on the way. And I was starting a new career—talk about pressure. I had to succeed, I had no other options. I was like Richard Gere in “An Officer and a Gentleman.” I GOT NOWHERE ELSE TO GO! I GOT NOWHERE ELSE TO GO!”
- You run out of money and can’t wait for the next commission check to come in. Most Realtors need at least one year of savings for protection or live in a household with dual income. We don’t get a monthly paycheck.
- Choosing the wrong company to work for—you need support, guidance, training, and advice as a new Realtor. It’s critical you choose a company which will offer you the help you need. Don’t focus on the split or the money you will make, focus on the training and mentoring you will receive. The first two years of your career are critical—you need training and mentoring.
- Busy work does not equal success. You have to focus on activities which will help you generate commissions. Prospecting, marketing, networking face time with clients. RESULTS!!! (PUT. THAT COFFEE. DOWN! COFFEE’S FOR CLOSERS ONLY)
- Before you start you need to have a plan in place—your territory, your niche, your marketing strategies, your sphere of influence. What will be your area of expertise? You need to focus.
- What is driving you? What is important to you in your life? You need something to pull you to the future.
- I feel to be successful as a Realtor you need to care about your customers. Honesty and integrity are the foundation of your business.
- What is your competitive advantage? How do you set yourself apart from the competition? Leverage your past work and life experiences to develop your competitive advantage.
- Quit too soon. Never give up.
I believe you can build a long lasting and profitable career in real estate based on the following: Honesty, Integrity, Empathy, Uniqueness, Fun, and Passion.
I remember when I started my career as a Realtor—I made a promise to myself I would not be like all of the other Realtors I knew or had associated with. I was going to be my own person. I had confidence in myself that I would be able to help my Clients because I would truly help them and make a positive difference in their lives. I remembered how I had been treated when I bought my first home and I wanted to give my customers a better experience.
This is what I believed then and what I still believe today:
I am always honest with my customers. I never misrepresent the facts. I never mislead. If my customer wants to know something I will get the information for them. I am honest with my customer, everyone I work with and most especially I am honest with myself. I have never been ashamed of my work as a Realtor helping my customers.
It’s OK to do the right thing. I strongly believe in doing business with integrity. I feel so much better about myself as an individual and my career because I know I always do what is right for my customer.
This is one of my foundational beliefs—I help my customers get what they want and need and in return I will get what I want and need. It’s very simple. Customers first! I truly care about my customers and my customers appreciate this—they respect and value our relationship. This is the only way to be a Realtor in my opinion.
I believe in being who I am. I never try to be something I’m not. I never try to be what I think the customer wants me to be. I accept my uniqueness and I have confidence in my individuality. I am genuine and again my customers appreciate this and we develop strong relationships because it is real.
I am professional yet at the same time I have fun during the process helping my customers. Who can’t have fun when you see a beautiful brick fireplace has been painted pink? Ha! True story. I enjoy my life. I enjoy helping my customers. If I can make them happy and laugh during a stressful time they will appreciate it and remember me.
My passion is my life. My passion is what I do. I love helping my customers. I make a real difference in their lives. It’s the best job I have ever had in my life because I am doing something meaningful in this world and helping people.
I wish all of this for you. You too can enjoy a career in real estate. And if you’re already a Realtor and it’s not going the way you expected then you can do a reset. Don’t give up!